YWCA’s 2017 Women of Vision Luncheon will recognize five extraordinary women on Thursday, April 20, at the Albert H. Anderson Conference Center (parking instructions below) on the Winston-Salem State University Campus.
Zanne Baker, Children’s Champion Award
Lawren Desai, ARTrepreneur Award
Beth Hopkins, Social Justice Award
The Reverend Rosa Miranda, Bridge Builder Award
Borgia Walker, Emerging Leader Award
These award-winning women have harnessed their knowledge, creativity and leadership for the betterment of the community. They are unique in background and pursuits, but alike in their talent to lead and embrace the spirit of goodwill.
All proceeds raised through this event support the local YWCA’s Change for Life programs that empower
- Low income and at-risk students to be successful in school
- Women with Substance Use Disorder to build successful lives
- YWCA members to develop healthy lifestyles, with special emphasis on chronic disease prevention and management
Thank You to Our 2017 Sponsors!
Allegacy Federal Credit Union
CCAC Building Solutions
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP
EY – Ernst & Young
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
Lea H. Loftis
Mayor Allen Joines & City Council Member John Larson
UNC School of the Arts & Winston Personnel Group
Wake Forest University
Winston-Salem State University Foundation, Inc.
The Cardinal Hotel & The Katharine Brasserie and Bar
Colfax Furniture & Mattress
Parking shuttles will operate from 11:15 am – 2:15 pm between the Bowman Gray Stadium Field House Lot and the Anderson Center.
- To get to the Field House Lot from campus, drive south on MLK Drive through the light at Reynolds Park Road. Take right on Bowman Gray Drive and then first left through gate into the parking lot.
- Coming north from Waughtown Street, pass the stadium on your left, make U-turn at Research Parkway onto S. MLK Drive, and immediate right to Bowman Gray Drive. Take first left through gate into the parking lot.