SilverSneakers® & Silver & Fit®
SilverSneakers/Silver & Fit Classes are available here at the Gateway. We have a variety of classes to build strength and increase cardio which meet the criteria for seniors. Schedules are posted around the building and are available at the Member Services Desk, on our Facebook page and website www.ywcaws.org.
SilverSneakers offers an innovative blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle and socially oriented programming that allows older adults to take greater control of their health. SilverSneakers members receive:
- A free fitness center membership at a nearby participating location with access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, sauna and other available amenities
- Access to any participating fitness center throughout the U.S. while traveling
- Customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- A specially trained Senior Advisor at the fitness center to introduce you to Silver Sneakers and acquaint you with their site
The award-winning* SilverSneakers Fitness Program is a proven, results-oriented program that enables older adults, often burdened with chronic conditions, to take charge of their health and maintain an active, independent lifestyle. For SilverSneakers Class descriptions click here.
*The SilverSneakers Fitness Program is a winner of the 2004 HAN Award from the Healthcare and Aging Network of the American Society on Aging.
® SilverSneakers is a registered mark of Healthways, Inc. For more information go
Silver & Fit®
Improved fitness is a better way of life. After all, regular physical activity is one of the best ways to improve your health. That’s why we started the Silver&Fit® Exercise and Healthy Aging Program.
Health plans offer the Silver&Fit® program to eligible Medicare Advantage/Supplement beneficiaries and group retirees. It can help you improve the quality of your life.