The YWCA Best Choice Center offers an academically focused After School Program for Kindergarten to eighth grade students.
After School Highlights
- Homework is completed correctly with the help of certified and bilingual teachers
- Tuition includes many teacher work days and holidays
- Transportation is provided to the Best Choice Center
- Computers are available for use
- Crosby Bigs mentor 3rd – 8th graders
In partnership with the United Way, the Best Choice Center offers sliding-scale tuition based on income
Open When School’s Out
We offer full day care on teacher work days, early release days, most school holidays, and the day after a snow day, at no extra charge. These FUN DAYS are jam packed with a variety of activities children love, including:
- Arts & Crafts
- Fitness Activities
- Field Trips
- Tennis and Swimming Classes
The YWCA provides transportation to the Best Choice Center for the After School Program. Parents pick up children at the end of the day and can talk with staff and teachers about their child’s progress.
We emphasize academics and respectful behavior. Proudly, this year 98% of Best Choice Center students advanced grade level, and the number of children on the honor roll continues to increase.
Third through eighth graders can be matched with a Crosby Big, a high school age Crosby Scholar who is trained by Big Brothers Big Sisters to serve as a mentor to the student.
Current Pick-Up Locations
- Ashley Elementary
- Downtown School
- Ibraham Elementary
- Jefferson Elementary
- Kimmel Farm Elementary
- Mineral Springs Elementary*
- Moore Elementary
- Petree Elementary*
- Speas Elementary
- Flat Rock Middle
- Mineral Springs Middle*
- Paisley Middle
* Transportation for these schools may be added with a minimum of 5 students
Hear More about the Best Choice Center: